"What works for your child is what makes the choice right!"
- Callier Center Summer Listening Camp Dallas, TX
- Camp Camp San Antonio, TX
- Camp Sign, Conroe TX apply by Apr 17
- Camp Summit Texas - deaf/blind week
- CHS Project Talk, Houston TX ages 4-10
- CHS Adventures in Reading, Houston TX from 1st to 3rd grade
- HeartSign Camp TX
- TSD Summer Camps, Austin, TX ** These are not available for 2017
- Family Weekend Retreat Austin TX
- Aspen Camp, CO
- Auditory Oral Summer School, St. Louis MO
- California Hands & Voices Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Family Camp CA
- Camp Cheerio Family Camp (Cue Camp) NC
- Camp Mark Seven, NY
- Clarke Schools Summer Programs MA
- CNI Cochlear Kids Camp, CO
- Gallaudet Summer Youth Programs, DC
- John Tracy Clinic, CA
- UMC Manidokan Deaf Camp MD
- NMSD summer programs, NM
- Camp L'man Achai Deaf Program, NY
- National Technical Institute for the Deaf, RIT, NY
- Youth Leadership Camp, OR
- Hearing Health Foundation has a list of camps on their website listed by geographical area
If you know of more camps to add to this list, please send us a note on the contact page!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL48F7E4D4153C18AB an online video training series was created by a national team of experienced Deaf persons, clergy, pastoral workers, and liturgical interpreters for reference and practice while preparing to interpret the new translation of the Roman Missal into American Sign Language for the Catholic Deaf Community.
United Methodist Communications has recently published a series of videos presenting glossary terms in American Sign Language (ASL).
The series aims to help United Methodists engage with and welcome Deaf and Hard of Hearing people more effectively.Each video includes sign options and the meaning of the term in American Sign Language. Individuals who are Deaf, communicating in their primary language, present all of the terms. All terms are ASL translations of the glossary, as defined by The United Methodist Church. http://www.umc.org/what-we-believe/glossary-american-sign-language-videos
Sports and Recreation
Some YMCA's now offer Interpreters for swim lessons! Check with yours to see if they are able to do this.
http://www.soaringkidz.org/ of Houston occasionally has swim lessons available with teachers who sign or interpreters available. Check for availablility. They are looking for volunteers to offer this more often!